Translate

snow

Blogger Widgets

hearts

Blogger Widgets

bunnys

Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Is dressing casual a crime as a fashionista? IMPORTANT TOPIC


Hi my lovely butterflies.
So, I went into a store yesterday. I asked to take photos of the fashion for all you guys so we can all look fabulous together! However, they wouldn't let me. This doesn't bother me, some stores don't let you and thats OKAY. What did bother me was the fact that the woman looked at me like I was gum on the bottom of her shoe.
Now, I had just been working in the barn earlier that day, so maybe I wasn't wearing high heels and perfume, but I was still pretty cute if you ask me. Just not fully glammed up. I was wearing torn jeans and a baggy sweater, with a little makeup. This woman looked at me like I was from Mars when I said I was a fashion blogger, and probably laughed at me when I left. How could this girl possibly be a fashion blogger? She's dressed so casually!

Blurry pic, sorry guys X.x


Now, I agree that when you go and ask to take pictures, you are probably going to have better luck if you are glammed up. However, I don't feel I deserved to be treated the way I was. I was made a fool of, a laughing stock, an idiot.
I went home upset.
Who wouldn't?
I think the world of fashion could use a little less cattiness and a bit more manners.
But I got some love from my twitter and my lovely mum and I felt better after. I decided to ask an important question. 

But first I want to thank all my supporters, here is my tweet and the tweets I got back:

@MadeleineOoka: "I apparently am not fabulous looking enough to have a fashion blog"
@evilchocobunny: "who said that? ;o anyone is allowed to write a fashion blog ><"
@julia_nerd: "You do you, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!"

I also got 5 new followers on Twitter!
Thank you for the support! :')

So the question stands.
"Can you dress casual and be a fashionista?"
Here where your answers from twitter!

@AskMrMickey: "Yes you can Madeleine. Just because you're casual doesn't mean you're not cutely put together! Casual does not mean LAZY"
@CROWNMK: "it all depends on how you see casual. Casual for me is overdressed. But yes I do believe casual  = fashionista."
@xoBetsy Johnson: "Casual is cool! Only a real fashionista knows how to pull off both"
@KoitsuDanieru: "ofcourse you can!"
@himestyle: "ha ha ok whenever i wear something casual im sure youll see it"
@xNamikox: "I can be kawaii fashionista ;P"
@Strawberrygyaru: "No I think not becouse I always want to dress myself like the best up.. *^*"
@SuiPrincess: "mhhhh I dont know xD"

So to sum up, there are many opinions, but I believe that if you do it right, you're golden! So never be shamed if someone looks you up and down like your lesser than them because you're dressed casual, laugh to yourself and know who the real fool is!
I came out of this situation wondering if fashion blogging was really something I wanted to do, if that was going to be my life. However, I've talked to so many wonderful people who wouldn't let it get me down, that I have new faith.

Knocked down a million, get up one million and once!
Keep strong and shining!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Bunny Holding Heart34786