Translate

snow

Blogger Widgets

hearts

Blogger Widgets

bunnys

Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pixar's BRAVE cultural differences in language

So I went to see Pixar's Brave a few days ago and it was AMAZING!!

Awwww... I want to be a Pixar animator when I grow up again, haha, I want to be so many things when I grow up, I don't know how I'm going to chose. Well, I guess I better start practicing!

I love love love Merida, she is my new favorite princess~

So, of coarse like any other fan, when I got home I immediately looked up all sorts of Brave stuff on youtube. 

One thing I thought was really interesting where the trailers. I found this interesting because in the English version of the move, the trailer indicates that the plot line is more about not being what others want you to be and the fight for freedom. 

However, the Japanese trailer was much more about the consequences of our actions. It also had a lot more to do with nature and magic and not angering nature. Another interesting thing is that in Japanese it seems that the name of the film is not actually "BRAVE" but "Merida and the Frightening Forest". This also relates to the fact that the Japanese trailer has much more to do with nature. I have attached the videos so you can see for yourself!

English

Japanese

What about other languages? Are they different too? I'd love to hear, so please comment~

momo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Bunny Holding Heart34786