This is a piece of art work I've been working for a while for my Steampunk class!
I'm very happy with how it came out! it was a lot of hard work, but it really payed off.
This was my original design for the tree. I was surprised by how much it changed, but I actually like it better then the sketch. It was meant to be able to collect water from rain or mist, but now it's just a sculptural piece.
I made the the trunk and branches of the tree with an assortment of differently sized wire. I also added a little paint to make it more interesting and some nuts and bolts in the trunk.
I made the leaves out of aluminum facing for chimneys.
I made the strands hanging from the tree by dripping hot glue over it.